TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS, PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY.
I, the applicant named in this Participant Application, agree with FremantleMedia Australia Pty Ltd (the “Producer”) that in consideration for the Producer’s labour and expense in making arrangements relating to my Participant Application for the television program entitled “Grand Designs” (also referred to as the “Program”) and the opportunity provided to me to potentially appear in or in association with the Program, I consent to the provision of my personal information in this application on the terms and conditions below:
1. The Producer has no obligation to interview me, and/or select me as a participant for the Program.
2. Even if I am selected as a participant, the Producer has no obligation to record my involvement in the Program and Broadcaster has no obligation to broadcast my involvement in it.
3. I have not and will not enter into any commercial or other sponsorship agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of any appearance I might make in the Program.
4. I agree not to disclose to any third party (other than my professional advisors) any information relating to the Program or the affairs of the Producer (or any assigned company) or any broadcaster of the Program, which may come to my knowledge during or in connection with my participation in the Program, including during the application process.
5. I agree that I will not publicise or discuss with any third party without prior written consent from the Producer any information relating to the Program, any appearance or proposed appearance by me or others related to my application in the Program, any of the production team or any participants in the Program nor any other information which may come to my attention relating to any Program broadcaster or the Producer or otherwise connected to the Program save for such information which is already public knowledge. Should I be contacted by a member of the press at any time I agree to refer them to the Producer or such person as the Producer may nominate.
6. Information and Privacy
The Producer deals with the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the Privacy Statement below.
Privacy Authorisation and Consent
a. I hereby authorise the Producer and any person designated by the Producer to investigate, access and collect information about me, about any of the statements made by me in my application, this agreement, any supporting documents and any other documents that I have signed or provided or do sign or provide in connection with my application to be selected as a participant in the Program, or any other written or oral statements I make in connection with my application (and whether by on -line submission or disclosure, or otherwise) . I irrevocably authorise the Producer and any person or entity designated by the Producer to secure information from my associates, friends, family members, and any references I have provided, and I irrevocably authorise such parties to provide information concerning me providing such provision of information complies with all relevant laws. I agree to provide the Producer, and sign a written authority if required, with any specific authority to obtain information about me from government agencies, medical providers, employers and other organisations or providers relevant to my application for the Program. I hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release and forever discharge the Producer, the persons or entities designated by the Producer, and all such parties and persons from any and all liabilities arising out of or in connection with any such enquiries. I specifically authorise investigation of my criminal records unless prohibited by law. I acknowledge and agree that any such information obtained by the Producer or by any person or entity designated by the Producer pursuant to this paragraph or otherwise may be used for purposes of selecting participants in the Program or other programs, internal administrative purposes concerning the demographic and performance of individuals interested in appearing on TV programs, and otherwise in connection with the Program.
b. I hereby authorise an appropriately qualified person or entity as designated by the Producer to conduct psychological and physical examination of me as required by the Producer. I further authorise the individuals conducting such examinations of me to disclose to the Producer and their representatives all information about me obtained in connection with such examinations, and authorise Producer to utilize such information in selecting participants for the Program.
• the Producers related bodies corporate in Australia and overseas;
• any Program prize supplier or sponsor who may use the personal information at their discretion;
• television networks in Australia and overseas and their related bodies corporate;
• an audience when the Program is broadcast or otherwise exhibited.